- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or vanilla extract
- 10 drops Lemon Vitality Essential Oil (plus 10 drops for glaze)
- 6 drops Lavender Vitality Essential Oil (plus 1 drop for glaze)
- 1/4 cup edible lavender flowers (plus 2 tablespoons separated for topping)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare baking pans. We used this adorable mini fluted tube pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs into the butter mixture one at a time making sure to thoroughly mix in each one before adding the next one.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Now alternate adding the dry mixture and buttermilk into the butter mixture a little at a time.
- Stir in vanilla, 10 drops Lemon Vitality Essential Oil, 6 drops of Lavender Vitality Essential Oil, and 1/4 cup lavender flowers.
- Pour batter into cake molds and bake at 325 for 33 – 36 minutes. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out .Allow the cake to cool in the pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan. Allow to cool completely before glazing.
- To create the glaze, stir together the powdered sugar, heavy cream, 10 drops of Lemon Vitality Essential Oil and 1 drop of Lavender Vitality Essential Oil. Stir thoroughly. Drizzle over the cooled cakes and sprinkle lightly with extra lavender flowers.
This recipe makes 8 – 10 of the mini fluted bundt cakes.